Max and Darwyn colouring

Max and Darwyn colouring

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Perimeter has been breached

I'm happy to announce that I was recently offered a postdoctoral position at the Perimeter Institute in Waterloo.  The position starts June 1 and I only received the good news a few short weeks ago.  As some of you are already aware, things were a little tense in recent months as I hurtled full-tilt toward unemployment.  Now I have another three years before I need to worry about finding a job.  Life is sweet.

Many people in academia don't find it so hard to get a job.  But then, many people in academia are also willing to consider positions that are located in excess of six kilometers from wherever they currently happen to live.  Not me.

This blog has been pretty quiet these days.  The Gutoski-James clan has its hands full.  Our kids continue to grow and lots of great stuff is happening.  Maybe someday we'll write about it.



3 comments:

  1. Does that mean I can come and try to climb that awesome looking building? Er... I mean well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. We have many buildings you can climb here in Waterloo. When should we expect you? ;)

    ReplyDelete